Moderate Mindful Yoga with Kerry
Come join yoga with mindfulness practices such as short mediation,
breathing exercises, and deep relaxation. Classes will be formatted to include 50 to 55 minutes of flowing yoga poses that will incorporate attention to breath, awareness of alignment, and finding your personal balance between strength and flexibility. Class will end or begin with a short breathing practice or mediation. A 30 minute deep relaxation (also known as yoga nidra) as well as 30 minutes of flowing yoga during the last class. Modifications and alternative poses will also be offered. If you are new to yoga, mats may be available to use during class.
Ashtanga Inspired Yoga with CA
Ashtanga is an energetic yoga that focuses on synchronizing breath with movements, and building strength, flexibility and body awareness. Individual poses are presented in a sequence and are linked by flowing movements which will warm the body inviting deeper exploration of the practice. These sessions will begin with modifications accessible to all, and will build from there allowing each practitioner to explore their own expression of each posture.
Power Vinyasa Yoga with Sabrina
Prepare to elevate your awareness as you move through a yoga flow designed to challenge you cardiovascular, physically as well as mentally. This fast paced style of yoga will move you fluidly from pose to pose while connecting your breath to the movement. Additional benefits may include: improved core stability, improved range of motion and flexibility, reduction in stress levels and improved sleep.
Programs at Swift River School are held in C Common. Looking at the school, it is the entrance on the right side of the building next to the pavilion.
- Sweat pants or pajama bottoms with a T-shirt work fine, no shoes required.
- Participants are required to bring their own yoga mat and encouraged to bring their own blocks and straps.
- Individuals age 16 and up are welcome to attend, please call the office.
- Kerry Ouimette is 200 E-RYT certified in addition to 100 hours of trauma informed certification with Mindful Yoga Therapy, and continued training in anatomy, asana, and yoga philosophy. Kerry has been teaching yoga for 19 years.
- CA McGowan is 500 Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. She has been a yoga practitioner since the mid 1990’s, with a variety of styles including hatha, bikram, and kundalini. CA continues to study yoga, to include both contact hours (15 hour certification in Mindful Yoga; alignment training in Ashtanga Second Series), and non-contact hours to include studying anatomy and the yoga sutras.
- 5 days prior to the start of the session
- A 10.00 late fee will be applied to all registrations after the deadline