Baton Twirling is an individual activity/sport where social distancing is used at all times.
Intro to Twirling - Introduction to baton twirling is a great way for your kids to learn basic twirling skills, play games and have fun. This twirling session will help children with basic skills, develop eye hand coordination and learn tricks.
Competitive Twirlers - This program is for advanced twirlers who will continue to learn tricks and strengthen their skills. Competitive twirlers will be assigned a scheduled time for group lessons on Tuesdays.
Twirlers may be assigned a scheduled time for individual lessons on Sundays. (By invitation only)
At various levels of twirling, there is additional opportunity to perform and compete.
A Baton is needed and can be purchased from the instructor for a fee of $25.00
- Kristi -Ochs, Coach of the Belchertown Twirlers is a state, regional and national twirling champion. Kristi was the featured twirler not only at Belchertown High School, but also at the University of Akron in Ohio.
- She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development and is currently a preschool teacher at Head Start.
- Kristi coaches the UMass Minuteman Marching Band Twirlers and was recently inducted into the UMass Minuteman Marching Band Hall of Fame.
- 5 days prior to the start of the program
- A $10.00 late fee applies to all registrations after the deadline
Red Zone Postponement
Due to Belchertown in the red zone, the Baton classes Jan. 26, Feb. 2 & 9 have been postponed.
make up classes on 3/16, 3/23 & 3/30.