Belchertown Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Recreation Basketball Grades 3-8
This program will assist participants with working on the fundamentals of the game including, dribbling passing, shooting & defense. There will be an evaluation to determine a players skill level and assist with each players team placement. Everyone who is registered by the deadline date will be placed on a team. Practices will begin after Thanksgiving and games will start the first week in January with the season ending later in March. Dates for a jamboree for the 3rd/4th grade divisions and a single elimination playoff for the 5th/6th grade divisions and 7th/8th grade divisions will be scheduled later in the season. There will be some travel involved in this program to towns such as Monson, Palmer, Easthampton, Wilbraham, South Hadley, Granby & Northampton.
The Quabbin Valley Basketball League is a recreational basketball league designed to give children the chance to play basketball, learn various skills associated with the game, fair play, and sportsmanship. Belchertown players are expected to receive equal playing time.
For more information on this league please visit the website listed below:
3rd/4th Grade Girls -Saturday Nov. 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
3rd/4th Grade Boys -Saturday Nov. 13, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
5th/6th Grade Girls - Saturday Nov. 13, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
5th/6th Grade Boys - Saturday Nov. 13, 5:15-6:00 p.m.
7th/8th Grade Girls - Saturday Nov. 13, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
7th/8th Grade Boys -Saturday, Nov. 13, 6:45-7:30 p.m.
These programs are open to Boys and Girls in grades 3-8 who are residents of Belchertown/school choice students.
EVALUATIONS AT THE HIGH SCHOOL GYM
- All participants are placed on a team if registered by the registration deadline.
- Deadline: Saturday, Nov. 13 noon time
- PLEASE NO SIBLINGS ATTENDING EVALUATIONS.
- DO NOT BRING BASKETBALLS.
- NO JEWELRY.
- NO JEANS (Athletic wear; sneakers, nylon pants/shorts, sweat pants)
- Please note: it is mandatory that ALL earrings be removed for games, this includes new postings.
- Please do not schedule piercings during this season.
- Anyone interested in coaching must complete the form on the registration or contact the Recreation Dept. by Friday, Nov. 5.
- Registration deadline Saturday, Nov. 13 noon time
- Registrations will be placed on a waiting list after the deadline date. If there is any availability in specific divisions, you will be notified. (there will be a $10.00 late fee after the deadline date)