Fun • Teamwork • Confidence • Achievement • Friendship • Excitement
Have fun improving your swimming skills and learning new strokes with the Belchertown Stingrays. If you are not sure you are ready to join the Stingrays, come and try it!
We are happy to offer a modified Fall 2020 season for our Junior and Senior Stingrays.
Practices for Juniors and Seniors run Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays with staggered days for Juniors, according to assigned group. Participants are expected to attend practice 3 days per week, in order to get the most benefit from the program.
- New Stingrays will receive a team swim cap courtesy of the Stingrays Boosters. Additional swim caps are available for $10.00 from the Boosters at the pool.
- Stingrays have a team swim suit which every swimmer should try to purchase. A team swim suit helps build team unity and every effort is made to select a quality suit at a reasonable price. Team suits can be purchased from http://www.swimoutlet.com/btownstingrays
- Coach Matt is a former Belchertown Stingray and Belchertown High School’s first individual state champion. Matt has well over a decade of competitive swimming experience. After swimming with the Stingrays, he branched out into USA and YMCA leagues competing at regional and national meets; eventually moving on to collegiate swimming with Ithaca College. At Ithaca Matt majored in Physical Therapy and minored in Coaching, picking up coaching experience with the Swim Ithaca age-group team. Now Matt is back here in Belchertown transitioning to a new school and new major, but he is excited to continue coaching with his home town team. The Stingrays started Coach Matt’s swimming career, and he now hopes to help provide the same opportunities and experiences to our swimmers.
Practice times start on Monday, October 19th, 2020.
For those attending the following group practice times will be as follows:
Senior Rays: 3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Junior Rays: 3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Please also note the following to the practice schedule:
No practice on:
• Nov. 11
• Nov. 26-27
- Please Note the first two weeks are a trial period. If you wish to receive a refund you must contact the Recreation Department prior to 4:00pm on Monday, 11/2/20. ($25.00 of the fee IS NON-REFUNDABLE)
- THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS FOR JUNIOR OR SENIOR RAYS AFTER Monday, November 2nd, 2020.
- Please note: When school is dismissed or cancelled due to inclement weather, the CHCS Pool is closed.
Junior Rays- For intermediate level swimmers. This group will focus on developing the 4 competitive strokes and
beginning to build endurance. Dryland training will be introduced. (1hr 15 mins.)
Senior Rays- For advanced swimmer. This group will build upon the Junior level and involve more intense a training
and stroke proficiency. Daily dryland training will be included. (2hours)
Swimmers may be moved by the Coach during the season to ensure participant is in the appropriate group according to level. If you have questions about which group your swimmer should be placed, please contact the head coach at: firstname.lastname@example.org