Pickle ball is a paddle sport played on a badminton-sized court and can be described as a cross between tennis and ping-pong. It can be played as doubles or singles. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players. Sneakers are required. We will provide pickle ball paddles to beginners, returning participants are asked to provide their own paddle.
Space is limited on a first come, first serve basis. Masks are required.
Pickleball will be played "Singles Only" in the January-April 2021 session at Old Town Hall.
Beginner pickleball is for participants who have little to no experience.
- Dorothy Cresswell has lived in Belchertown for 20 years and taught public school in Leverett, MA for 25 years. Dorothy is a pickleball enthusiast, having learned the game in Florida this winter. Now she is ready to share what she has learned and hopefully grow an enthusiastic community of pickleball fans in Belchertown. Dorothy is a nationally board certified teacher. In retirement now, she directs the Happy Valley Children’s Chorus, “The Curious Giraffe Show,” The Healing Circle Singers, and Bridges Coffee House and Open Mic. She lives on Lake Arcadia and loves being in, on, and by the water.
- Dusty Miller is experienced in racquet sports and has played tennis at the national level. She assists Dorothy.
- Larry Davis has lived Belchertown for 35 years and retired from UMass Amherst. Larry loves pickle ball and while Dorothy is away for the winter, Larry will keep the enthusiasm growing for pickle ball. Larry's also loves windsurfing and kayaking.
- Jennifer Whitehead was hooked from the start, two years ago, when she learned how to play pickleball. She has coached all ages in basketball for over 20 years and looks forward to teaching others the fun game of pickleball.
- Deadline date is 5 days prior to the start of the program.
- A $10.00 late fee applies to all registrations after the deadline
- The instructor will be in contact if a make-up snow date is necessary
Red Zone Postponement
Due to Belchertown in the red zone, the Pickleball classes Jan. 26 - Feb. 23 have been postponed.
make up classes on 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23.
Due to Belchertown in the red zone, the Pickleball classes Jan. 21 - Feb. 18 have been postponed.
continue with the session 2/25, and make up classes on 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1.